Re: [PERFORM] Optimization inner join - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Phillip Couto
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Optimization inner join
Date
List pgsql-performance
The picture is becoming clearer now. So to recap the issue is in the plan selection not utilizing the null_frac statistic properly to skip what seems to be in your case 99% of the rows which are NULL for the field the join is happening on and would be discarded anyways.

For completeness do you mind posting what versions of postgres you have tested this on?

Phillip Couto