Re: FTS - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jonatan Malaver
Subject Re: FTS
Date
List pgsql-novice

Thanks! I’ll give that a try

From: David Johnston [mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 11:13 AM
To: Jonatan Malaver
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] FTS

   "kva" thoughs the FTS query off. If I remove kva then it works. I'm looking for suggestions. Should I look for those keywords on the search string and remove them? Or is there a way to make postgres ignore it?

​Create a custom dictionary configuration that defines the abbreviations as "stop words" ​and use it to parse the input query.

12.3.2. Parsing Queries

to_tsquery([ config regconfig, ] querytext text) returns tsquery

The documentation is hopefully sufficiently helpful for describing how to create a custom configuration and make use of it.

David J.