Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load
Date
List pgsql-performance
On May 19, 2005, at 2:12 PM, Anjan Dave wrote:

> As far as disk I/O is concerned for flushing the buffers out, I am
> not ruling out the combination of Dell PERC4 RAID card

That'd be my first guess as to I/O speed issues.  I have some dell
hardware that by all means should be totally blowing out my other
boxes in speed, but the I/O sucks out the wazoo.  I'm migrating to
opteron based DB servers with LSI branded cards (not the Dell re-
branded ones).

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

Attachment