Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary). - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nikolai Zhubr
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary).
Date
List pgsql-general
03.02.2017 20:29, Andres Freund:
[...]
>>> Could you use process monitor or such to see what the process is doing
>>> while using a lot of CPU?
>>
>> I'm not sure how to do this, especially considering that the process in
>> question is running as a service?
>
> I don't think that stops you, if you have admin privileges.

Well, profiling postgres.exe is still beyond my capability at this time
anyway. Instead, I'll try to prepare a most simple client application
example for testing the behaviour in question so that anyone could run
it easily. (And while working on such an example, maybe I'll get some
more understanding of what is actually going on here.)

Thank you.

Nikolai