Re: 8.0 beta1 and XP SP2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Oleg Letsinsky
Subject Re: 8.0 beta1 and XP SP2
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi Justin,

> Try mod your script to dump back to the mysql database. Check if you
> get weird performance issues doing that. I think assuming it is
> PostgreSQL at this point is jumping the gun. Maybe active states perl
> doesn't run so well on SP2, or it could even be mysql.

I've tried cygwin perl as well. But the point is that I need just to
change the PgSQL connection string in the script so it points to my linux
machine - and the performance is back. Please see my reply to Magnus, I
added some new info there as well.

--
  Oleg Letsinsky,
  Software Developer