Re: [HACKERS] logical replication access control patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication access control patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/14/17 15:05, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Another approach to solving my concern would be to only allow the
> publishing of tables by non-owner users who have table-level SELECT
> rights

An early version of the logical replication patch set did that.  But the
problem is that this way someone with SELECT privilege could include a
table without replica identity index into a publication and thereby
prevent updates to the table.  There might be ways to tweak things to
make that work better, but right now it works that way.