Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> I don't see the branch point for REL8_3_STABLE - has that been done? I
>>> thought it would happen at the same time as we tagged the release.
>>
>> No, we will branch later.

> We need this to be created before buildfarm members can start testing 8.3.

Nonsense.  At the moment, HEAD is 8.3.

> I still don't see why we wait to create the branch after tagging the
> release. There doesn't seem to be any point.

To avoid double-patching effort.  I think we'll branch fairly shortly,
like in a week or so, but right now it'd mostly just create make-work
for committers.