Re: contrib uuid X64 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Morris, Roy
Subject Re: contrib uuid X64
Date
Re: contrib uuid X64  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-novice
It's installed via yum and installs 8.4.9 which should be fine that's what's running on the X86 boxes. I install at the
sametime the contrib package but alas no uuid.

-----Original Message-----
From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ [mailto:devrim@gunduz.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:37 AM
To: Morris, Roy
Cc: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] contrib uuid X64

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 15:08 +0000, Morris, Roy wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to install a new updated machine with REHL 5.5 X64. I
> get postgresql installed and running no problem but when I install the
> contrib package which normally contains the uuid-ossp.sql and
> libuuid.so they are not being installed. I am wondering if this is an
> X64 issue and if anyone has seen this before?

How are you installing PostgreSQL? Via RPMs? Which PostgreSQL version?
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat

Community: devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr http://www.gunduz.org  Twitter:
http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz
The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it
isaddressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
useof, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipientis prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.