Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add citext_pattern_ops for citext contrib module - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add citext_pattern_ops for citext contrib module
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> This seems to have upset a number or animals in the buildfarm.

Actually, after looking closer, my advice is just to drop the new
test cases involving accented letters.  It surprises me not in the
least that those would have nonportable behavior: probably, some
locales will case-fold them and some won't.

(This does open up some questions about whether the opclass will
ever be of use for Alexey's original purpose :-()