Re: OS X library path issues for libpq (ver 8.3) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Reed
Subject Re: OS X library path issues for libpq (ver 8.3)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Uh, it's not apparent to me why dropping stuff into /Library is any
> better than dropping it into /usr/lib?

Because /Library is the Apple framework equivalent of /usr/local in
unix-world.  Whereas /usr/lib should not really be touched by anyone
but Apple (or the system vendor, for that matter, on any unix).

/Library is searched automatically by the linker when doing
framework-style builds, without needing -F to find a specific location
for it.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development