Re: BUG #14320: systemd terminates postgresql hot standby instance 90 seconds after start - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andreas Papst
Subject Re: BUG #14320: systemd terminates postgresql hot standby instance 90 seconds after start
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

> Something unusual is going on.  Try running the commands in the unit
> file by hand and see whether they succeed or print additional
> diagnostics.  Check the systemd logs, if any.  The reason the process
> ends up getting killed is that systemd thinks it has not started
> successfully.

yeah, when systemd's startup process is running into it's timeout
it terminates postgres process. If I change the timeout threshold
to unlimited, postgres operates for ever.
And as I wrote, when I send Postgres a signal, i.e. `systemctl reload
postgresql´, postgres process detaches, the blocked startup script
is freed and returns success to systemd.

No more logs are available.

Thanks
Andreas
Andreas Papst                      |
Vienna University Computer Center  |  E-Mail: andreas.papst@univie.ac.at
Universitaetsstrasse 7             |  Phone: +43 1 4277 / 140 36
A-1010 Vienna, Austria, Europe     |  Fax.: +43 1 4277 / 8 140 36