Re: Future of pgAdmin3 after release of 4? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: Future of pgAdmin3 after release of 4?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 2016-08-10 5:02 AM, Anthony DeBarros wrote:
> New poster to the list, so apologies if this has been covered:
>
> What's the plan for pgAdmin3 once version 4 reaches full release? Is it going to
> still be downloadable and installable? Any maintenance planned?
>
> I'd like to at least see it stay available for those of us who prefer a native
> app over a browser-based app.

My expectation is that pgAdmin3 and older versions will remain available to
download and use for a long time, as long as pgAdmin4.  However, further
development on it would probably slow to a trickle, eg security of compatibility
or bug fixes but not major features.  It would probably only get major
enhancements if someone wants them enough to pay to have them developed or do it
themselves.  But downloading should work for a long time. -- Darren Duncan