Re: Archiver not exiting upon crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Archiver not exiting upon crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On mån, 2012-05-21 at 13:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... wait, scratch that.  AFAICS, that commit was totally useless,
>> because BlockSig should always already contain SIGQUIT.

> No, because PostgresMain() deletes it from BlockSig.

Ah.  So potentially we have an issue in all the background processes
that have copied-and-pasted that sigdelset call, which seems to be most
of them.

I'm inclined to think this does need to be fixed.  Even if it
accidentally works now, it seems fragile as can be; and certainly
it's underdocumented.