Re: alter role - superuser - permissions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: alter role - superuser - permissions
Date
List pgsql-novice
Mike <1100100@gmail.com> writes:
> But, when I try the copy command, the following error occurs:

> mmm=# copy accounts
> (employ_last,employ_first,service,website,userid,password) from
> '/home/mmm/Documents/accounts-services.csv';
> ERROR:  could not open file
> "/home/mmm/Documents/accounts-services.csv" for reading: Permission
> denied

COPY executes in the server process, so this is likely to fail unless
/home/mmm/Documents/accounts-services.csv is world-readable.  You
probably want to use psql's \copy command instead.

There's some discussion going on right now about adding a HINT to
this error message to help out people in your situation.  If you
feel like bringing a novice's-eye viewpoint to the discussion, it's
over in pgsql-hackers at

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAMsr+YEqtD97qPEzQDqrCt5QiqPbWP_X4hmvy2pQzWC0GWiyPA@mail.gmail.com

            regards, tom lane