Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Date
List pgsql-admin

--On Thursday, September 25, 2003 20:43:36 -0400 Tom Lane
<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> "Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net> writes:
>>> Nice work, just two comments (1) the C++ comment style (//) is not
>>> portable for C programs and should be changed and (2) the standard way
>
>> Fair comment but since it has to be compiled against a valid PosgtreSQL
>> distribution, which all require GNU compilers,
>
> We have several beta testers who keep us honest on exactly this point;
> they use compilers that do not take //.  Personally I wish gcc could
> be configured not to have these little non-ANSI-isms ...
Actually, I *THINK* C99 allows // comments, but that's neither here nor
there.
Any pre-C99 Non-GCC compiler won't allow it (I'm one of the aforementioned
beta
testers, I use the SCO cc (native) compiler on UnixWare)).

Attachment