pgadmin4 qmake selects python 3 by default? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Colin Beckingham
Subject pgadmin4 qmake selects python 3 by default?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On openSUSE Leap 42.1, using system with both python2- and
python3-config, qmake selects python3.
---
qmake
Project MESSAGE: Building for QT4...
Project MESSAGE: Building for Linux/Mac...
Project MESSAGE: Using /usr/bin/python3-config
Project MESSAGE: Python3 detected.
---
Is this a deliberate choice, determined by my system or random? I am
accustomed to seeing a default to python2, but if python3 works then not
a problem.
I still am not able to tell if the runtime situation is up due to
another error (Type str doesn't support the buffer API) which is still
under investigation.