Re: Wiki editor request - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Wiki editor request
Date
List pgsql-www
On 06/09/2016 10:23 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
> <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>> On 06/09/2016 10:03 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>>> Well, what percentage of readers of www do not grant wiki permissions?
>>> I would guess it is +90%, meaning 90% of www subscribers are reading
>>> emails in which they have no interest, and 90% of traffic on this list
>>> is now the request for wiki permissions --- so that makes 180%.  ;-)
>>
>> not sure I believe in that math...
>
> 248 list subscribers; 17 permissions emails so far in June.
>
> At that rate, roughly, roughly 14,000 reads of such emails by
> non-grantors per month.  Multiply by the time you figure it takes
> to blow through each to get wasted person-hours per month with the
> current approach.

well - as said before, we are very open to better ways to do this but
just putting more burden on the people who can grant access by having to
read even more lists is not a very good tradeoff for me. The pgsql-www@
charter is regarding development and organisation of the postgresql
websites (which the wiki is clearly part of imho),
if granting access to a previously heavily abused website which very
high visibility in the community does not fit under "organisation" I'm
not sure what else does...

Stefan