Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Foreign Key Deadlocking  ("Steven Flatt", )
 Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking  (Csaba Nagy, )
  Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking  (Dave Cramer, )
   Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking  (Erik Jones, )
   Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking  (Alvaro Herrera, )
    Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking  (Csaba Nagy, )
 Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking  ("Steven Flatt", )

"Steven Flatt" <> writes:
> Hi, we're using Postgres 8.1.4.
> We've been seeing deadlock errors of this form, sometimes as often as
> several times per hour:
> I also see claims that this problem is fixed in 8.2, and if the fix is what
> I think it is, it's also in 8.1.6.
> Can someone confirm that I've identified the right fix?

Hard to say without a lot more data, but as a general rule you should be
on 8.1.latest in any case.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning
You might also find ammunition in the release notes:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release.html

            regards, tom lane