Re: missing history file - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: missing history file
Date
List pgsql-admin
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Offhand I would recommend the same strategy for any requested filename
>> that's not a plain WAL segment file (ie, all hex digits).
>
> I suspect that it's worth waiting for something like this, too?:
> 000000010000000A000000CF.0000E744.backup

No, I don't think so.  AFAICS the slave server would only ask for one
of those during its initial cold start from a base backup, and it'll be
looking for the one that should have been generated at completion of
that base backup.  If it ain't there, it's unlikely to appear later.

            regards, tom lane