Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pierre Chevalier Géologue
Subject Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Le 17/05/2016 10:44, John R Pierce a écrit :
> On 5/17/2016 1:34 AM, Pierre Chevalier Géologue wrote:
>>
>> On this matter, I hear *very* often from such guys that the only
>> reproach they have to PostgreSQL is that it does not come with a slick
>> GUI like Access.
>
> Access is a lot more than a slick GUI,

Yes; some claim that it is even a database.  I was just trying to mean
that the GUI part of Access (to design forms, work with data almost like
in a spreadsheet) was what these fellows were missing.

> its a rapid application development system based on VisualBasic.

Well, I wouldn't say exactly so.  VB was incorporated a while after the
release of VB... 2, was it?  I can't remember well.
Sure, you can put VB code in your Access .mdb (or .mda), but you can
certainly design a whole GUI for your database without the need of any
VB line of code.

À+
Pierre
Pierre Chevalier
PChGEI: Pierre Chevalier Géologue Et Informaticien
Partenaire DALIBO
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   jabber: pierre.chevalier1967@jabber.fr
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue