Re: status/timeline of pglogical? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: status/timeline of pglogical?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Josh,

On 09/05/16 18:53, Josh berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm wondering whether or not we should be promoting pglogical with the
> release as an external extension.  Here's what that would hinge on:
>
> 1. is it easily installable as an external extension?  if so, where can
> people download it?

Yes with debs and rpms + sources tarball as well for other systems. The
project page is on 2ndQ website (
http://2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/ ) at the moment, not sure
if that's issue for community. The absolutely bare bones download page
is at http://packages.2ndquadrant.com/pglogical/ .

> 2. are the issues raised on -hackers likely to be resolved by September?

Well afaik the the issues reported on -hackers are fixed in 1.1 which
was released last week (unless I missed some). So in terms of extension
it should be fine.

> 3. is it ready for playing with now?  can people get as far as test
> setups with it?

Sure, there are people testing it for production usage, the regression
tests have about 96% function coverage, etc. The 1.1 tarball builds fine
with current head so will work with beta1 as well I assume.

Is there any interest in us making packages for beta1? (We have packages
for 9.4 and 9.5 so far)