Re: patch - BigSQL packages on Download - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: patch - BigSQL packages on Download
Date
Re: patch - BigSQL packages on Download  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-www
On 05/03/2016 02:00 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> In general though, I do not feel it's appropriate to list these
> packages at all, given that they make silent outbound HTTP calls
> during installation, without the user being made aware of that or
> being given any option to object. That could easily be considered a
> privacy issue by people, one that may come back to bite us for hosting
> the downloads on our primary listing.

I was under the impression that it is not in fact silent and that the
page says what it is doing?

David, can you explain what is going on here?

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564