Re: Sample archive_command is still problematic - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Sample archive_command is still problematic
Date
List pgsql-docs
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> 2) One reason users are using the "test -f" version of the archive
> command is that we put it in the same postgresql.conf.  I would suggest
> that we don't put *any* archive command in the sample postgresql.conf,
> since there is no command we can supply which isn't a potential foot-gun.

If you want to remove the last line of this:

#archive_command = ''        # command to use to archive a logfile segment
                # placeholders: %p = path of file to archive
                #               %f = file name only
                # e.g. 'test ! -f /mnt/server/archivedir/%f && cp %p /mnt/server/archivedir/%f'

I'm okay with that.  But if you want to remove the sample command from the
SGML docs I'm going to push back a bit harder...

            regards, tom lane