Re: Description of ForeignPath - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Description of ForeignPath
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016/04/18 17:31, Amit Langote wrote:
> Is the following description now outdated:
>
> "ForeignPath represents a potential scan of a foreign table"
>
> Considering that there now exists FdwRoutine.GetForeignJoinPaths() whose
> product is nothing else but a ForeignPath, should it now say (patch attached):
>
> "ForeignPath represents a potential scan of foreign table(s)"
>
> Or something better.

I think it'd be better to match the comment with that for
create_foreignscan_path().  So how about "ForeignPath represents a
potential scan of a foreign table, foreign join, or foreign
upper-relation processing"?  I think we would probably need to update
the comment in src/backend/optimizer/README (L358), too.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita