Re: pgadmin4: The python-config executable could not be found. - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: pgadmin4: The python-config executable could not be found.
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 2016-04-17 11:01 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Sunday, April 17, 2016, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>     just cloned the git repository and tried to compile it on my ubuntu 15.04 x64:
>
>     % qmake
>     Project MESSAGE: Building for QT4...
>     Project MESSAGE: Building for Linux/Mac...
>     Project ERROR: The python-config executable could not be found. Ensure
>     Python is installed and in the system path.
>
>     However, I've got python 2.7.10 installed and in the path.
>     I'm not a python expert, what am I missing?
>
> A python-devel or equivalent package perhaps?

Akin to Dave's response, perhaps your problem is that the installed python
package is only complete if you are just running pure Python code against it,
whereas if you are building anything C-level against Python eg some kind of
extension then you would need a python-devel like package to give you the
relevant C header files which you otherwise don't have. -- Darren Duncan