Re: Restoring database from old DATA folder - Mailing list pgsql-general

From RPK
Subject Re: Restoring database from old DATA folder
Date
List pgsql-general

>    Was the old postgres stopped when you created the copy?
>    Was the new postgres stopped when you put the copy in?
>    Did you restore correct permissions when you put the copy in?
>    Is the new install the same version of postgres as the old one?
>    What are the error messages?

I tried to modify the parameters of the .CONF file when the pgsql-8.1
service was running. The next time I started, it displayed error: "The
service did not listen to local host". (something like this).

So I copied the old DATA folder and un-installed PostgreSQL. I again
re-installed it and replace the new DATA folder with the old one. Both
previous and new are same versions and same settings were used during
installation.
Sent from the PostgreSQL - general forum at Nabble.com.