Re: Parser extensions (maybe for 10?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From José Luis Tallón
Subject Re: Parser extensions (maybe for 10?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/13/2016 04:43 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
On 13 April 2016 at 22:11, José Luis Tallón <jltallon@adv-solutions.net> wrote:
[snip]

I can certainly prepare a small patch for the first commitfest of 9.7 if this sounds viable.

I'd be surprised if it was popular.

I am familiar with some cases where it would have been a lifesaver....

It's hard to imagine a way to do it robustly when dealing with pre-lexer input, unless you're doing simple pattern matching to identify and replace whole statements.

INDEED. No intention whatsoever to do much more than that  O:-)

    / J.L.