Re: 10 row/second insert in ssis - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: 10 row/second insert in ssis
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 03/30/2016 12:00 PM, Bill Kuhn wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Is there anything special to configure to use the 32 bit odbc driver?
>
> I'm attempting to use the odbc driver to transfer data from microsoft
> sql server to postgresql and I'm seeing dismal insert performance.  It
> is as if each insert is being performed individually.
>
> The rows I'm inserting only have one integer column.
>
> Is there anything special that needs to be done to configure the driver
> to improve performance?

Well given the almost complete lack of information provided, I would the
answer is maybe, depending on:

psqlodbc version?

SQL Server version?

Postgres version?

Exactly how are you transferring the data?

Or to put it another way, what client are you using?

What does the Postgres log show?

What does the ODBC log show?

--
Adrian Klaver