Re: Combining Aggregates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Combining Aggregates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/20/16 11:42 PM, David Rowley wrote:
> On 21 January 2016 at 08:06, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com
> <mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 7:38 AM, David Rowley
>     <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com <mailto:david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>>
>     wrote:
>     > Agreed. So I've attached a version of the patch which does not have any of
>     > the serialise/deserialise stuff in it.
>
>     I re-reviewed this and have committed most of it with only minor
>     kibitizing.  A few notes:
>

> I've attached the re-based remainder, which includes the serial/deserial
> again.
>
> I'll submit this part to March 'fest, where hopefully we'll also have
> something to utilise it.

As far as I can tell this is the most recent version of the patch but it
doesn't apply on master.  I'm guessing that's mostly because of Tom's
UPP patch.

This is a long and confusing thread and I should know since I just read
through the entire thing.  I'm setting this back to "waiting for author"
and I'd like see a rebased patch and a summary of what's in the patch
before setting it back to "needs review".

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net