Re: Ubuntu and Rails postgresql setup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Ubuntu and Rails postgresql setup
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/24/2016 12:34 AM, Marco Lobbia wrote:
> Finally I am wondering whether the choice of installing PostgreSQL
> through the PostgreSQL apt repository would be safe enough or it would
> be preferable to install the LTS version of Ubuntu.

the LTS version of Ubuntu is preferable for server installs where you
want long term stability.

the versions of postgres in the ubuntu standard apt repositories are
perfectly adequate for production use, up to date, and well managed.
there's a bunch of ubuntu/debian specific command wrappers like
pg_lsclusters, pg_createcluster, and so forth that come along with that
install.