Re: Replacement for Oracle Text - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh berkus
Subject Re: Replacement for Oracle Text
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/19/2016 05:49 AM, s d wrote:
> On 19 February 2016 at 14:19, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us
> <mailto:bruce@momjian.us>> wrote:
>
>     I wonder if PLPerl could be used to extract the words from a PDF
>     document and create a tsvector column from it.
>

>   I don't know about PLPerl(I'm pretty sure it could be used for this
> purpose, though.).  On the other hand I've written code for this in
> Python which should be easy to adapt for PLPython, if necessary.

I'd swear someone already built something to do this.  All you need is a
library which reads PDF and transforms it into text, and then you can
FTS it.  I know there's a module for OpenOffice docs somewhere as well,
but heck if I can remember where.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)