Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird SQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pierre Chevalier Géologue
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird SQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 10/02/2016 18:08, John R Pierce a écrit :
> On 2/10/2016 8:51 AM, Pierre Chevalier Géologue wrote:
>> PPS: how should I behave on this list: should I systematically "reply
>> to all", or just "reply" to the list?  I'm used to a number of mailing
>> lists where a simple "reply" automatically replies to the list, and
>> the rule obliges you to *only* use "reply".
>
> Thunderbird offers me both 'reply' and 'reply list' buttons for the
> messages on this list.

Same for me, except that I dislike buttons so they are hidden: Ctrl-R
and Shift-Ctrl-R do the same trick...

> most of the lists I'm on, a simple reply IS a reply list,

Yes, same for me, I only know less than 3 exceptions, among a few dozen
lists.

> as they wish to encourage discussions rather than
>private responses.

+1.

> I personally dislike 'reply all'

Yes, I totally agree with you, I prefer much 'reply'ing to the list, I'm
doing that 90% of my time spent on lists.

Would there be a chance to change the default behaviour of the postgres
lists?  This is to be setup on the list's server side. But it requires
some "political" decision first, and of course a consensus.

> as I'm ON the list so why send me another CC ?

No point, as your reply arrives on the list, you can see it in the thread.

À+
Pierre
Pierre Chevalier
PChGEI: Pierre Chevalier Géologue Et Informaticien
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   jabber: pierre.chevalier1967@jabber.fr
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue