Re: Postgres 9.5 - password for new windows user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Postgres 9.5 - password for new windows user
Date
List pgsql-general
Ccing list
On 02/03/2016 11:27 AM, Weisenberg, Sofy Hefets wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> I have already uninstalled and installed before, and every time I run setup, I am not prompted for a password.

And you are not prompted to create a database superuser?

Or more to the point what are the steps that you presented with?

I forgot to ask previously, what version of Windows are you using?

> If you have a link other than http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows
>
> for downloading the graphical installer. Please let me know. Thank you.

I do not know of any. I do not run Postgres on Windows(except as a test)
so I am somewhat out of my depth here.

My suggestion would be to ask about this on the EDB installer forum, I
would guess there are more folks with practical experience hanging out
there:

http://forums.enterprisedb.com/forums/show/9.page;jsessionid=DBB4E62E2D95AF1C1B0C489DCAA308EE

> Sofy

Adrian Klaver