Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering
Date
Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/1/16 5:25 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Steele wrote:

>> 2) There would be two different ways to suppress client messages but I was
>> hoping to only have one.
>
> I think they are two different things actually.

Fair enough - that was my initial reaction as well but then I thought
the other way would be better.

> I'm closing this as returned with feedback.

I have attached a patch that adds an ereport() macro to suppress client
output for a single report call (applies cleanly on 1d0c3b3).  I'll also
move it to the next CF.

Thanks!
--
-David