pgpool II, streaming replication and HA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Pyhalov
Subject pgpool II, streaming replication and HA
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi.

I'd like to setup HA PostgreSQL streaming replication cluster with two
nodes. The main issue which I'd like to protect from is HW node failure
or reboot. I supposed to use repmgr to control PostgreSQL cluster and
two pgpool instances as load balancers/DB proxies.

The issue which I still don't understand how to handle is temporary
master failure. Let's say, we have host A (master) and host B (slave).
Now A reboots. Pgpool (or repmgr, doesn't matter) promotes B to master.
Now A comes online (and still considers itself master). How can Pgpool
determine that A host is "bad one" and stop routing queries to A?
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,