Re: request for comment re "contributor-covenant.org" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: request for comment re "contributor-covenant.org"
Date
List pgsql-general
Zenaan,

> I simply wrote in first person with the intention to catalyse thought
> about what could and or should and or should not be in such a
> "covenant". In no way was the email any statement of authority and I
> had hoped to make that clear, evidently not.

It wasn't.  And while longterm community members know that you have no
moderation authority, there are a lot of newcomers on this list.

> On the topic, I feel it will take a few years yet for "the libre
> software community" to come to anything approaching a consensus
> regarding "community covenant"; just my opinion of course.

Personally, I doubt the entire FLOSS universe would *ever* come to an
agreement on anything, except maybe that code ought to be OSS-licensed.

--
Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS