Re: Wiki 2FA - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Wiki 2FA
Date
Re: Wiki 2FA  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
List pgsql-www
On 01/23/2016 12:41 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com
> <mailto:jd@commandprompt.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     Perhaps we should considering enforcing 2FA for the Wiki?
>
>     https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TwoFactorAuthentication
>

> Two factor auth protects you against someone using your account. Have we
> had any issues with that?
>
> It does not protect against people signing up for multiple accounts.
> Unless  you were actually planning to send out hardware 2FA tokens to
> each actual contributor, but I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that?

No. I meant the idea of having Google Authenticator required (which is
open source). It works on any Android device as well as others
(windows). I believe it would help with the autoscripting edits?

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                     +1-503-667-4564