Re: Let's Do the CoC Right - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/23/2016 10:07 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2016, at 6:14 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>> You can not violate one part of the CoC and use the other part as the reason.
>
> You say, that, and yet someone will. Think about law: if laws contradict each other, a person accused of violating
onelaw will use the other in their defense.

>> A Code of Conduct should protect all, equally and without bias.
>
> Says someone who requires no protection at all.

David,

I appreciate that this topic is close to your heart and that you are
very passionate about it. I would counsel you to try and be objective
and work toward a solution that people will be willing to support. That
support will require compromise.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                      +1-503-667-4564