Re: Let's Do the CoC Right - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/22/2016 09:08 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2016, at 12:49 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>>> Additionally the CoC emails were sent to the entire group so it was open
>>> for all. I did not read the remainder of the email as classifying
>>> someone by anything is inappropriate.
>>
>> +1
>
> The fact that it was “open for all” does not mean that it was an inclusive discussion.

To the extent that everybody that participates in the list and would be
subject to it had an opportunity to comment, yes it was inclusive. To
the extent that the whole world was not included, then no. I for one
think the whole idea is useless because of the above, deciding what
value between 0 and 7.4 billion should be notified and who in whatever
value is chosen is more right.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com