Re: multivariate statistics v8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: multivariate statistics v8
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 01/20/2016 10:54 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 02:20:38PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:

>>> That solution seems good to me.
>>>
>>> (with apologies for not having looked at the rest of this much at all)
>>
>> Woh, this will be an optimizer game-changer, from the user perspective!
>
> That is the intent. The patch is huge, though -- any reviewing help
> is welcome.

It's also true that a significant fraction of the size is documentation
(in the form of comments). However even after stripping them the patch
is not exactly small ...

I'm afraid it may be rather difficult to understand the general idea of
the patch. So if anyone is interested in discussing the patch in
Brussels next week, I'm available.

Also, in December I've posted a link to a "paper" I started writing
about the stats:
    https://bitbucket.org/tvondra/mvstats-paper/src

regards