Re: Releasing in September - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Releasing in September
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/20/2016 09:48 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2016, at 9:42 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>> 4. Submit a patch, review a patch.
>>
>> Don't review patches? Don't submit patches.
>
> There will always be patches desirable-enough that they will be reviewed whether or not the submitter reviewed other
patches.

Correct.

> And there will often be patches that generate so little interest that they’ll never be reviewed no matter how many
otherpatches the submitter reviews.

Correct.

> That said, it’s not a bad heuristic, and I suspect that someone who reviews patches is more likely to get their patch
reviewed.But obviously there are no guarantees.

Well a good portion of humanity is built on karma. I do for you, you do
for me. It isn't explicit, that is just bad taste but there is an
implicit desire that gets built up to help people when you are also
being helped.

Sincerely,

JD

--