Re: Releasing in September - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Releasing in September
Date
Re: Releasing in September  ("David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com>)
Re: Releasing in September  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/20/2016 09:31 AM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> I think one thing we should work on, is being absolutely religious about
>> requiring, say, 2 reviews for every nontrivial contribution.  We
>> currently seem to have a significantly increased submission rate, and at
>> the same time the number of reviews per patch has gone down
>> substantially.  I think the "honor" system has failed in that regard.
>
> Good point, totally agree.
>
> So the project should try to think of new ideas on how to incentivise reviewing?
>
> I have three ideas so far:

4. Submit a patch, review a patch.

Don't review patches? Don't submit patches.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                     +1-503-667-4564