Re: make error - libpqdll.def No such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Igal @ Lucee.org
Subject Re: make error - libpqdll.def No such file or directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/19/2016 10:58 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Yes, probably something like that. I think it failed the first time
> because there was a bug (the one I introduced in a967613911f7), then
> probably changed to src/backend and ran compiles there which probably
> worked fine, leading to commit fa838b555f90. I might or might not have
> removed the complete build dir instead of "make distclean"; not sure
> TBH. As I recall, I tried a couple of builds after I pushed the fix
> commit and couldn't get them to run at all. But since I saw in
> buildfarm that other mingw builds were working, I lost interest. Then
> I deleted the mingw build tree and didn't get back to retrying. TBH
> the only reason I mingled with mingw at all is that nobody seems
> interested in fixing Win32 issues, and this patch had been lingering
> for far too long.

Ok, so your comments here made me think that maybe there is a bug
somewhere in the distribution that I was using ( from
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v9.5.0/ ), so I went ahead and
cloned the git repo and used the sources from there.

I am happy to announce that I was finally able to build and run
PostgreSQL on MinGW-w64, but it only worked with the sources from the
git repo, and not with the official downloads from the links above.  I'm
not sure if there is a bug there that was resolved, or if it is packaged
differently, but I was using the official download because I read in
several places that it should be easier to build from that distribution
as opposed to the git repo.

Thank you for your help,

Igal