Re: Query Performance question - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Magers, James
Subject Re: Query Performance question
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tomas,

Thank you for the recommendation.  In this case, The bitmap scan runs quite quickly, however in production were data
mayor may not be cached and at higher volumes I am trying to ensure the process will continue to execute efficiently
andreduce the impact of the process on other processes running against the database.

My assessment is based on my experiences with the scans.  Does your experience provide you with a different assessment
ofthe scan types and how efficient they may be?

Thank you,
James