Re: WIP: CoC V5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: WIP: CoC V5
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/12/2016 02:43 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> I think that this is fairly close to something that would make
> sense, but there is sort of a weirdness in the CoC referring to
> itself in the 3rd person.  It sound more like an argument for
> *having* a CoC than the document itself.
>
> I'm not the greatest word-smith, but I'll attempt to rework Josh's
> draft to something that seems more "natural" to me.  At the same
> time, I'll try to incorporate other comments, like Tom's comment
> about enforcement mechanisms and the gray areas in members of the
> community communicating in public forums.

On Tom's comment, I was waiting until we have a firmed up version. On
the communicating in public forums, I must have missed that, do you have
a reference?

What isn't shown here, is that I was writing in a similar fashion that
you would write a resolution for a NP. Consider (very rough):

WHEREAS

The PostgreSQL Global Development Group (PGDG) would like to insure a
safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment for all.

PGDG Resolves that

1. There shall be a Code of Conduct governing behaviour for the PGDG
community.

2. The CoC is to provide community guidelines for creating and enforcing
a safe, respectful, productive, and collaborative place for any person
who is willing to contribute in a safe, respectful, productive and
collaborative way.

3. The CoC is not about being offended. As with any diverse community,
anyone can get offended at anything.

4. A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free
of personal attacks and disparaging remarks of any kind.

5. Any sustained disruption of the collaborative space (mailing lists,
IRC etc..) or other PostgreSQL events shall be construed as a violation
of the CoC and appropriate action will be taken by the CoC committee.

6. The CoC is only about interaction with the PostgreSQL community. Your
private and public lives outside of the PostgreSQL community are your own.