Re: WIP: CoC V2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Cook
Subject Re: WIP: CoC V2
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/11/2016 6:41 PM, Alban Hertroys wrote:

>> On 12 Jan 2016, at 0:16, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>>
>> 3. A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free of non-technical or personal comments, for
exampleones related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or personal
attacks.

> I'm not debating whether there should be examples or not, they are usually useful, but perhaps examples belong in a
separatesection and not in the core CoC?

Maybe one of those sentences like "... free of personal attacks,
including but not limited to...", followed by a link to a page that
randomly generates a list of a dozen or so "protected classes". If your
particular deviance isn't in the list you can refresh and hope for the
best. And the "not limited to" part would allow us to castigate someone
who is just really good at being a bully through the loopholes.

And before someone says I'm the worst person ever for using the word
"deviance", I meant like statistically (nobody ever complains about
being in the majority).

-- Stephen