Re: [HACKERS] log_destination=file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] log_destination=file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for the naive question, but which of these bottlenecks are we
>> actually hitting? I don't recall dealing with an actual production
>> system where the log collector would be an issue, so I don't have a very
>> good idea where the actual bottleneck is in this case.

> Unfortunately, neither do I -- but I do believe that the problem is real.

Not to state the obvious ... but if we do not know where the bottleneck
is, isn't it a bit premature to be proposing changes to "fix" it?

But that argument just leads to the same conclusion that seems to be
prevalent at the moment, ie boot this to v12.