Re: 9.5 Release press coverage - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 01/08/2016 10:08 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>>> Yeah, that's a chronic problem.  The press can't seem to get their heads
>>> around the idea that PostgreSQL isn't owned by a single company.
>>
>> They somehow mostly got the idea that Linux isn't.  How did that work?
>
> I would say Linus sounding off at regular intervals made that plain:)

That and there is a history with Linux that PostgreSQL does not have. At
the height of Linux fever there was:

RedHat
Caldera
TurboLinux
SuSE

etc....

For PostgreSQL, there is: EDB.

The rest of us (CMD, 2Q, OmniTI, etc...) are all just service providers.
EDB is the only "distribution" of PostgreSQL.

JD