Re: Postgresql 9.3 not coming up after restart in centos - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Postgresql 9.3 not coming up after restart in centos
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/7/2016 12:41 PM, balajishanmugam@live.in wrote:
> For storage I am using a 2.5inch SATA 3 SSD hard disk. It is about 60 GB. I
> am yet to get the log. I will post the Postgres log once I have it.

is this an enterprise grade SSD with supercap backup?  or is it a
consumer desktop/notebook class SSD without write buffer protection?

if the latter, its lying about data being written, and if the power
fails, poof, the last bunch of data that had just been written is likely
gone.