Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/6/16 5:51 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Having said that, it occurs to me that one way to contribute without
> actually writing C code would be to try to drive those unfinished
> discussions to consensus, and come up with specs for features that people
> agree are well-thought-out.  Conversely, establishing a consensus that a
> proposal is a bad idea and it should go away from the list would be a
> useful activity.

+1.

Somewhat related to that, I don't believe there's any reason why commit
fest managers need to be committers; it seems like the job is really
just about reading through email activity to see where things are at.